Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Protea Lodge and Kafue River cruise

I've been negligent in adding photos to my blog and I recently took quite a few. I went to Protea Lodge one Sat and it was incredible to be in the bush and away from the city for the day! I went with Sarah Abroms and Beth (a friend I've made here). We had an uninvited guest for lunch on the patio as you see in the following picture. The young female kudu was after our roles!! She's been raised at the lodge since she was a baby and quite spoiled I might add!!


We went on an hour game drive for $5 each, can't beat the prices!! It felt so good to be out in the bush!! We saw hartebeest, zebra, kudu, puku, and sable. Then we had tea out on the lawn by the lake.
It was perfect!!











Then this past week-end a big group of us went on a river boat cruise on the Kafue River for Sarah's farewell. We brought our own food and drinks saving us quite a bit of money!! It ended up costing $20 each and it was well worth it! 3 hrs with beautiful scenery and the weather was perfect! We had a little dance party on the deck with some of the other people on the cruise! Zambians are always ready to dance!! The captain even let me drive for a little bit!! And I didn't crash into anything, lucky thing it's such a wide river!!
And tomorrow I'm headed out to Itezhi tezhi for a camping trip at the New Kalala Lodge! It's Africa Freedom day on Friday, Zambia has so many public holidays and women are allowed by Zambian law one random day off a month called mother's day! Not a bad deal!! I think we should send a request to the government to get that implemented in the States!

No comments:

Post a Comment